Crowd Emotion Limited (“CE”) software tracks facial expressions to help engage and improve media, web, and advertising experiences. Our proprietary software is used to track participants' facial features and to analyse their emotional response to media and connect that to participant responses.
1. CE has a strict opt-in research policy. We only collect study data (including facial recordings) from participants who have given their explicit consent by allowing access to their webcam prior to each media viewing session.
2. Any personal information (see definition below) that we collect from you will be treated as strictly confidential.
Data Security is our priority.
All personal data will be stored in a secure location. We use industry standard technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against unauthorised disclosure or processing. Furthermore, CE will never sell your Personal Information to our clients.
What Personal Information do we collect?
When you consent to participate in our study, we collect facial recordings, IP addresses and website usage information using cookies.
Occasionally we also do surveys. We may collect additional non-personally identifying demographic information (such as interests, gender and age group) from those participants who have consented to providing this information.
How will we use your Personal Information?
CE specialises in market research. Your participation in our studies is highly valued. We are interested in your reactions to on-screen media so that we can help improve web content and advertising. We will never try to sell you any products or services and we will never share your Personal Information with anyone engaged in marketing, telemarketing or other solicitous activities unless you consent otherwise.
CE may view facial recordings for quality assurance purposes and to help improve software and reporting capabilities.
We may share your information in limited ways as part of our secure business processes:
- We work with trusted partners to perform tasks on our behalf and we may need to disclose Personal Information to them so that they can perform these tasks. However, these companies are bound by confidentiality obligations and do not have any independent right to use Personal Information beyond what is necessary to assist us.
- We may share your Personal Information, where appropriate, with any member of our group of companies.
- When the law requires us to disclose your information, we will comply.
- If there is a change in the ownership of CE or any of our assets, we may disclose Personal Information to the new or prospective investor.
How long do you keep Personal Information for?
We store Personal Information for as long as it is required for research and for training our emotion recognition libraries. When Personal Information is no longer required, we will delete it from our systems.
Cookies are small text files that we place on your computer or device to allow us to track our research and assess participant behaviour information. We use third party service providers (such as Google Analytics) to track usage and interaction with the media players. The cookies cannot identify you.
International transfer of Personal Information
We may transfer your Personal Information to countries outside of the European Economic Area EEA (such as the USA), but only to companies we trust. We do this for our data management and business purposes, in particular, for outsourced data processing by organisations on our behalf. We take appropriate steps to ensure your information is adequately protected. If you do not agree to this, please do not use our services.
- Write to us at CrowdEmotion Ltd, 14 Hanover Square, London W1S 1HP, UK
What does personal information mean?
Personal Information means anything that can be used to identify you, including facial recordings and IP addresses that we collect as you participate in our study.